My amazing girl celebrated her 10th Birthday this weekend, surrounded by the people that love her the most; her family. We always celebrate the kiddo’s Birthdays twice (sometimes three times?), so that the family gets the birthday girl or boy all to themselves. And hopefully the chaos is kept to a minimum.
The decorations were colorful, yet simple. I had a fun time putting it together.
1. I made a simple garland of origami stars in a rainbow of colors. I used this tutorial for the origami folding instructions.
2. The stars are simply strung with transparent quilting thread (or fishing wire), and taped to the mantle with painters tape. Yep, that is the birthday subway art from eighteen25. Adore them.
3. Dollar store balloons and streamers in all colors of the rainbow rounded out the decorations. Cheap, easy and super festive.
4. Having a rainbow adorn my mantle makes me smile. I think it will stay put until cupid enters the picture.
In lieu of a cake, we had cupcakes. Yes, very novel idea.
5. To give the cupcakes a little color, I simply dropped on bit of red, blue and yellow food coloring on each cupcake. Using a toothpick, I just went to town swirling them, trying to make a kind of marble effect. Cupcakes are a store-bought mix. Yeah, lame.
6. After coming out of the oven, each of the cakes had quite a nipple on them. Weird. Gotta look into that.
7. No matter, I just took a serrated knife and gave them each a trim.
8. But the frosting is homemade! Cream-Cheese frosting from the Better Homes and Garden’s Cook Book. Delish!
I can hardly believe that my little Lizzy is TEN whole years old. She is such an amazing person. Being her mother is one of my favorite gifts.
Thanks for stopping by!